Volvo Trucks introduces new VHD
February 5, 2020
For vocational drivers, hard work is more than just an expectation – it’s a constant challenge. And for the toughest jobs, only the toughest trucks will do. But what if a truck is not only tougher than the rest, but also smarter? Volvo Trucks is proud to introduce the new Volvo VHD, engineered with the right balance of reliable strength, rugged looks and innovative technology to make this truck the new leader in vocational productivity.
The new Volvo VHD Vocational Series offers not only a fresh, modern look, but also the latest in safety and uptime solutions for vocational applications, providing a number of notable upgrades, including:
● An updated exterior gives a modern look that reflects the other models in the Volvo Trucks family. The VHD has a new grille design, as well as new LED high/low beam headlights. The fully sealed headlamp component offers a brighter, more focused beam for increased visibility. An available de-icing feature burns through ice and snow that accumulates on headlamps in colder weather.
● Groundbreaking safety and productivity features for the vocational industry include Volvo Dynamic Steering (VDS) and the next generation of Volvo Active Driver Assist (VADA). The VDS system delivers a safer, more comfortable driver experience by adding torque to reduce steering strain at low speeds and remove vibrations caused by rough terrain. Also, now available in the VHD, the next-generation VADA provides integrated radar/camera capabilities, automatic emergency braking, highway departure warnings, adaptive cruise control and more.
● A new, robust VHD bumper features a heavy-duty 45 mm tow pin rated for a full 80,000 pounds. Responding to customer requests, the rugged tow pin allows for a quick pull out of sticky situations thereby increasing uptime and drivers’ peace of mind.
● A state-of-the-art interior offers improved driver comfort and productivity. For example, the steering wheel buttons are more touch-friendly and clustered intuitively to help drivers feel more confident as they drive.
● Volvo I-Shift transmission with crawler gears adds one or two gears to the 12-speed Volvo I-Shift transmission, enabling the VHD to start on steep grades, provide low-speed control, and reach maximum highway speeds with faster rear axle ratios.
● Volvo T-Ride suspension delivers the best ride under the most demanding conditions by applying constant pressure on the wheels to create sure-footed traction. The Volvo T-ride suspension also offers a new ride stiffness option for mixers and trucks with wing plows.
● The latest in connectivity solutions such as Remote Programming and Remote Diagnostics allow customers to use real data insights to make the right decisions for increased safety and truck productivity.